During most years, Dragon*Con is something of a relaxing endeavor. I do not work at the convention; I’m rarely placed on panels; I generally don’t keep a regular schedule; I don’t even lug my camera everywhere. My usual plan is to a) hang out with the Skeptic track folks, b) eat, c) drink. This year, I added d) smoke, because my friend Ted showed me where the cigar bar was.
I don’t have many concrete tales of the weekend, as most of it just blurs together. Various highlights:
- Playing Cards Against Humanity with various Twitterati… and James Urbaniak. I kept hearing Venture Brothers episodes in my head.
- Maple vodka
- Hanging out at epic Scott Sigler parties
- Hanging out a bar that also contained both half the cast of Firefly and half the cast of Battlestar Galactica. (I desperately hoped for a Sharks vs. Jets musical number.)
- Drinking beer with Jeff Wagg, and randomly meeting a lady who helped isolate the new Heartland virus
- Drinking martinis with Donna Mugavero
- Hanging around with the Mad Art Lab peeps
- Being Boba Fett for a gender-swapped Star Wars group costume endeavor. (Naturally, I was completely overshadowed by Brian Thompson as Princess Leia.)
- Smoking cigars and drinking scotch and recording podcasts with Ted Meissner and Matt Lowry
The full gallery of images is below. Enjoy!